The best gifts do great things, and the hottest gifts this season are in electronics and home entertainment. But the best gifts are also good for the environment. ENERGY STAR certified home electronics go beyond the latest features and functions to deliver great energy efficiency.
- TVs offer the hottest features — ENERGY STAR certified TVs offer the most popular features and technologies—Smart TV functionality, Ultra High Definition, large screens, LED backlighting—and they’re over 25% more energy efficient than standard models.
- Sound bars sound even better — Some of the most popular new products—sound bars, wireless speakers, and gadgets with Bluetooth connectivity—can also earn the ENERGY STAR. Your gift will be a sure hit, and be up to 60% more efficient.
- Give the “bright” gift — ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs make great gifts and stocking stuffers! We’ve all heard about this exciting new development in light bulb technology, but to get the energy efficiency and performance you expect, look for the ENERGY STAR label. LED bulbs that earn the label are independently certified to ensure they deliver on brightness and color, and shine light where you want it.
- ‘Tis the season to be streaming — If your loved ones like streaming movies or videos, let them know that laptops and tablets use the least amount of energy. Slates and tablets that have earned the ENERGY STAR use 10 times less power to stream than a game console does. They use 7 times less power than streaming directly to your television and 6 times less than streaming to a desktop computer and monitor. Now that’s a gift they’ll really love!
- The environment is on everyone’s wish list — Shopping for electronics can be overwhelming. The little blue ENERGY STAR label is the simple choice. It says this product delivers much more than innovative technology. It says this product is designed and certified to save energy. Choosing ENERGY STAR says you’re reducing your carbon footprint and helping in the fight against climate change. Your loved ones will appreciate that.
ENERGY STAR® is the simple choice for energy efficiency. For more than 20 years, people across America have looked to EPA’s ENERGY STAR program for guidance on saving energy, saving money, and protecting the environment. Behind each blue label is a product, building, or home that is independently certified to use less energy and cause fewer of the emissions that contribute to climate change. Visit energystar.gov/changetheworld today and tell all your friends!
Heartland is proud to partner with ENERGY STAR to promote energy efficient products and practices that save money and protect our environment. For more information about our partnership, visit hcpd.com/energyefficiency/partnerships/.